Monday, January 21, 2013

Imagine...

Wow! I was informed by a good friend, we'll call him...um...Dan...just for anonymity sake, that I hadn't written in my blog since the 12th. How time passes as your having fun. Speaking about fun, I am having the time of my life. The training in Ft. Lauderdale is going well and I am getting to know the area and what you can do here. There are lots of beautiful beaches, sites to see, and thtings yet to explore.

Today is the national holiday of Martin Luther King Jr. There is an excitement in the air that I normally don't see throughout the year. I think about where I was last year and what would have happened if I had completely given upon life all together. God did a great job in sending me David, to Him I am grateful, and I owe David a lot for keeping my head above water, (especially on our snorkeling excursion), and not letting me drown in the depths of other people's actions. There was a lot for me to learn in 2012 that I can apply to the many adventures I had in life. Imagine what would have happened if I would have given up. I can honestly say "I am a Phoenix" and not a graduate from Phoenix college, but a Phoenix. (Google Phoenix Bird and you know what I am talking about lol)

Imagine if we all were to give up at once. Where would this world be. If Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would have given up or feared the many death threats, one which finally took his life, where would be in treating each other with respect and dignity. The many strengths and rights so many groups have been given, especially the LGBTQ community. We still have a long way to go. There are so many people still marginalized that need to come into our community of social beings.

Last year I was bullied out of my job and I left it in April looking for something better in life. I didn't want to leave teaching, so the idea of teaching without being in education came to me, only because David could see in me talent and strengths I wasn't seeing at the time. If David wasn't in my life, would I have gone back to Arizona and been nothing but someone lost by other people's actions? If I would have given up on life and succumbed to the traps of HIV or Alcoholism, would it have made a difference that I was gone? Yes! I am glad that I ddin't give up because I am starting to see how my actions add to the bigger picture of everything I do and everyone I meet. Every person, good or bad, whether we get along or not makes a positive difference in the world. Mother Teresa often stated that a person missing would be like the ocean missing a drop of water, but it would be significant because that drop adds to the bigger picture. We may not see what we are doing now, but in the long run we make a difference.

There's more to come in my blogs. I have taken up painting while here in Ft. Lauderdale and I think it's coming along. Stay tuned.

Hugs and smiles on the house!

Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment