Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New Adventure - Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

For the past 3 years, I have been living in Macon, GA., with my partner David and my dog Rosco.  I am sure you will understand. I have been very happy with him and Rosco, but Macon rubbed me the wrong way at times. I am very lucky because David  gives me the world, within reason of course, but I couldn't have asked for a better partner. He is certainly my best friend and I am deeply in love with him. We hit it off immediately after meeting on a cruise, and after the cruise ended we stayed in touch. After living in Az for most of my life, I ventured out to Macon, GA where David. lives. A year later, he bought me a dog for Christmas from a family in Alabama. They had named him Rosco and when I tried to change his name  he wouldn't answer to anything else. So Rosco it is, and here we are, the three of us. We do everything together. The past 3 years have been wonderful and I know there's more to come.

This past October, David and I decided to go on the cruise we met on as part of our 3 year anniversary. There we met several people and one of them just happened to be the founder of the World AIDS Museum, in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. He came up to me and asked me to be part of it. I thought it was a ridiculous idea at the time because I live in Macon, GA. Could the presence of a Higher Power be calling me to add my talents and time to this great cause? Well it would have to take a miracle for me to move, so for now I will be helping via Macon, GA.

Before October, in April, I walked away from a low-paying, bullying type of job and was hired as an online teacher, which pays absolutely nothing. Leaving the job weighed heavily on me, but somehow I knew that everything would work out; until I got depressed. Ugh! David saw my potential and skills as a teacher so he started sending me opportunities he found on Indeed.com around the U.S to apply to. I would have never viewed these opportunities if I were alone, but I was not. I am with a wonderful, caring, loving man who promotes people without recognition to himself. He sent me an opportunity that was asking for a corporate trainer for an airline in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. A fleeting thought came to me that this might be the way I get to Fl to help with the World AIDS Museum, but since I had been getting rejection letters left and right, I didn't hold this opportunity in high expectations. I applied and didn't think I would hear from them and then one day, I received the email I had been waiting for. They were interested in me and wanted to interview me.

Long story short, I am on my way to work for the airline as one of their trainers. I will be training the company on a new reservation and ticketing system they are implementing. This couldn't have come at a better time. This will give me a paycheck and benefits I have been looking for the past 10 years in Higher Education. There is no money in Higher Ed, so it was time to leave it all together. I am putting this question out there? Do you believe in God or Higher Power that can call you to opportunities such as this one?

As I prepared for my new adventure today, it was bitter sweet because I will miss my David and Rosco since I will be training, but I know everything is going to turn out okay. I will work hard to bring David and Rosco to Ft. Lauderdale. My meds are up in the air until I get settled, but it's the unsettling that bothers me. I guess having faith doesn't mean that everything will be explained or else it wouldn't be called "faith" Makes sense to me. More will be revealed.

I will post more on my adventures and feelings. Until then,
Hugs and smiles are on the house!
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment